
Ok, so most of you have probably heard my parable, "The Edge of the Cliff". In case you haven't, here it is:
Sometimes God places you at the very edge of a cliff. You are staring down hundreds of feet to the bottom of a valley. The other side is too far for you to reach. If you leap, without a doubt, you will plunge into the darkness of the valley. You are faced with two choices: step back from the edge--back to the safe zone OR you can jump. Although it's hard to believe, there are times in life when God calls you to jump. To put faith in Him and take that leap. If you do, he will catch you and carry you to that other side that seems so far away. But if you step back into what seems safe, you will fail because sometimes "the hardest thing and the right thing are the same"! God sometimes wants us to take a risk. So, when you are at the edge of that cliff...JUMP!!
I have told that story to many friends in the past year. I have taken the risk before by moving to Minnesota with a six week old baby. Leaving behind a guaranteed job and a place to live rent free--not to mention friends and most of my family. God blessed me above and beyond (Matt 5:2-12) what I could have ever imagined. He provided a place for us to live, a great job for me, daycare for Aiden, and a car (2 actually).
Once again, this past weekend, God put me at the edge of a cliff. On Friday, I received my financial aid notification from the University of Minnesota. Classes start on Jan. 22nd, just about a week away. It seemed like there were a million obstacles between me and my dream of attending school. How was I going to find a part time job? Would I have daycare for Aiden? Where would I find the time to do everything for school and still raise my son? I didn't have answers for those questions and believed that God was telling me that now was not the time for school. I was scared, to tell the truth. I was worried that it would be irresponsible of me to leave a good paying job and take the chance of going to school. So...I prayed almost without ceasing, and I asked my pastors and family to pray for me also.
One Tuesday, I was laid off from my job. Most people would think this is a bad thing., but it is an amazing answer to prayer. I will now have the chance to attend school without searching for a part time job. Although I will look for a job, I won't have so much pressure on me.
So right now I am beginning my leap of faith and will start school on January 22nd.
Joshua 1:9
No comments:
Post a Comment